Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

India

MMC-Zone Maoists Announce Collective Surrender on Jan 1, 2026; Seek Security Guarantees From Three States

Maoist India
Photo: Internet

Maoists operating in the Maharashtra–Madhya Pradesh–Chhattisgarh zone have announced that they are ready to surrender together on January 1, 2026. A letter issued in the name of Anant, the spokesperson for the MMC zone, said the group wants a “collective and respectful reunification” with society, instead of individual surrenders.

The letter said the Maoist organisation has become weaker after senior leaders Mallojula and Ashanna surrendered and top commander Hidma was killed in an encounter. “The remaining cadres have decided to surrender after the central government repeatedly appealed to us,” the message said. It also mentioned that the cadres would hand over their weapons and join the government’s rehabilitation programme.

Anant said the group will return to the mainstream only if the three states offer clear security guarantees and a transparent rehabilitation process. He added that earlier rehabilitation efforts “remained on paper” and did not ensure safety for surrendered members or their families.

The Maoists urged the governments of Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, and Chhattisgarh to stop offensive operations until January 1. In return, they said the cadres would also halt all armed activities. “We will all move together on a single day so that our unity remains intact,” Anant said in the message. He explained that this decision is part of a “collective party strategy” and not a betrayal of their struggle.

The letter said the group’s aim is not just surrender but a dignified reunion with society. “Our fight was always for the people, not against them,” the statement read. It said that changing national and global situations had led the leadership to take this step for the survival of the organisation and the welfare of local communities.

The spokesperson appealed to journalists and public figures to support a peaceful transition and avoid creating mistrust. He said cadres and their families “want peace and a dignified return to society”.

The letter also mentioned that MMC delegations can be contacted through a specific radio frequency for the next month. A separate statement in Bijapur said the group is prepared to accept the Chhattisgarh government’s “Poona Maargem” rehabilitation programme.

Last week, the Maoists had issued an earlier letter saying they needed time to reintegrate into mainstream life.

You May Also Like

India

Seven Maoists were killed on Wednesday in a gunfight with security forces at Maredumilli in Andhra Pradesh, the police said. This fresh encounter took...

India

Suspected Maoist militants have killed three villagers and abducted about a dozen others in Peddakorma village, Bijapur district, approximately 450 km south of Raipur,...

India

Police cremated the bodies of Maoist leaders Nambala Keshava Rao and Sajja Venkata Nageshwara Rao, denying handing over the bodies to their families, who...

India

n a fierce encounter between security forces and Maoist insurgents in the dense forests of Abhujmad on the tri-junction of Narayanpur, Bijapur, and Dantewada...

Copyright © 2025 The Observer Post. All Rights Reserved.