Panic spread in Uttarakhand’s Haridwar after a man allegedly called Dial 112 and threatened to blow up the city with a bomb within four days. Police said the accused repeatedly made abusive calls to the control room, threatening to target major locations, including the famous Har Ki Pauri, while also allegedly using abusive language against police personnel and senior officials.
The accused has been identified as 30-year-old Sohan Singh Rawat, a resident of Pata village in Yamkeshwar area of Pauri Garhwal district. Police claimed he was arrested within 12 hours of the threat call.
According to Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Navneet Singh Bhullar, the city control room in Haridwar received the threatening call on the night of May 17. During the call, the man allegedly warned of bomb blasts in Haridwar over the next four days and made objectionable remarks against senior state and national authorities.
Police officials said the caller repeatedly contacted the emergency helpline and threatened to blow up several places in Haridwar, including Har Ki Pauri. He also allegedly misbehaved with women police staff who attended the calls.
Security Tightened After Threat Call
The threat triggered panic within the police administration, prompting immediate security measures in sensitive areas. Police increased surveillance at Har Ki Pauri and other important locations while registering a case against an unidentified person.
An investigation was launched under the supervision of SSI Gopal Dutt Bhatt, and police teams began tracing the mobile number used for the calls.
Police later identified the accused as Sohan Singh Rawat and arrested him from the Rodibelwala area. The mobile phone allegedly used to make the threatening calls was also recovered.
Accused Says He Was Drunk During Calls
During questioning, Rawat reportedly admitted that he made the calls while heavily intoxicated.
SSP Navneet Singh Bhullar said, “The accused is addicted to alcohol and, under the influence of intoxication, made false and misleading calls to Dial 112.”
Police added that no previous criminal record has been found against the accused so far. Officials said legal action has been initiated under relevant sections, and the accused will be produced before a court after questioning.

City Kotwali police station in-charge Kundan Singh Rana said authorities treated the matter seriously due to the nature of the threat and acted swiftly to prevent panic.




