Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

India

T Raja Singh Calls for Ban on ‘Khalid ka Shivaji’, Threatens Violence Over Film’s Portrayal of Shivaji

Shivaji Khalid Khalid ka Shivaji
Khalid ka Shivaji

Goshamahal MLA T Raja Singh has called for a ban on the Marathi film Khalid ka Shivaji, accusing it of misrepresenting the legacy of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj. Singh claimed that the film showed Shivaji building a mosque on Raigarh Fort, having only 33% Hindus in his army, and appointing 11 Muslim bodyguards. He said such claims are meant to insult Shivaji and questioned why Muslims in India admire Mughal rulers like Aurangzeb if the film’s claims are true.

T Raja Singh, who recently resigned from the BJP, urged Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis to take strict action against the film’s director and producer. He also urged the Maharashtra public to resist the film’s release and made a provocative remark, saying that theatres screening the film should be burnt down. He warned against attempts to rewrite Shivaji’s history and said such acts would not be tolerated.

The film Khalid ka Shivaji is directed by Raj Pritam More, who previously won a National Award in 2019 for his Marathi short film Khissa. His new film reportedly follows the journey of a Muslim boy who learns about Shivaji Maharaj through his life experiences.

Meanwhile, the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has suspended the certification of the film for one month, starting August 7. The ministry cited concerns over historical accuracy and the possible impact on public order during the upcoming Ganesh Utsav and Dahi Handi festivals.

The decision was made after the Maharashtra government raised objections to the trailer, saying it could hurt cultural and social sentiments. In a meeting led by the Additional Secretary of the Information and Broadcasting Ministry, along with the state’s Culture Secretary and the Additional Commissioner of Police, Mumbai, it was decided that delaying the release was necessary to avoid any disturbance.

The ministry stated that releasing the film during the festive season might disturb communal harmony and public peace. The suspension will last for a month, during which a detailed review of the film will take place.

You May Also Like

India

Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat on Tuesday (26 August) said that shared cultural and ancestral traditions have bound people across the Indian...

Dalits and Adivasis

In Betadih village of Barhani block, Chandauli, Uttar Pradesh, a road meant to connect a Dalit colony to the main road has been left...

Women

A 23-year-old woman named Gulfiza died in Uttar Pradesh’s Amroha district after allegedly being forced to drink acid by her in-laws over dowry demands....

Dalits and Adivasis

In Mainpuri, Uttar Pradesh, a Dalit family was assaulted and humiliated allegedly by a BJP District Minister and his brother. The incident occurred on...

Copyright © 2025 The Observer Post. All Rights Reserved.