Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Hate Watch

‘Udaipur Files’ Producer Meets I&B Minister Amid Row, Hopes for August 8 Release

Delhi High Court Udaipur Files

The producer of the film Udaipur Files, Amit Jani, recently met with Information and Broadcasting Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw in what he described as a “closed-door” meeting to push for the film’s release. The meeting took place on August 4, amid growing controversy over the movie, which stars actor Vijay Raaz.

Speaking to news agency ANI, Jani said this was the second time he was called for a meeting. “We came before when Mohd. Javed and Maulana Arshad Madani filed their petitions and presented their cases, and now we met again. We hope that the government can make a positive decision and we can release the film,” he said.

Jani added that his team had already followed the earlier recommendations made by the authorities. “We even added the cuts as suggested earlier. We believed in the government and had no problems. It is them who have been raising issues,” he explained.

When asked about the release date, Jani said the film was originally scheduled to release in theatres on August 8.

“If the government permits us to go ahead, it will come out on August 8,” he said.

The producer also revealed that the discussion with the I&B Minister involved Section 6 of the Cinematograph Act, 1952, which gives the government the authority to cancel a film’s certification and stop its screening.

“He shared the government’s points on the matter, and we have given our response,” Jani said.

The film Udaipur Files: Kanhaiya Lal Tailor Murder is based on the 2022 killing of tailor Kanhaiya Lal in Rajasthan’s Udaipur. It has been the subject of legal and political debate after the Delhi High Court put a stay on its release on July 11, expressing concerns about communal harmony and the right to a fair trial for the accused.

Initially, the government had suggested six cuts to the film, but later withdrew the order, saying it would listen to all sides again and issue a fresh decision.

As of now, the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) has not revoked the film’s certificate, and the filmmakers have already made 55 cuts voluntarily.

The government has rejected the revision petition filed against the certification, meaning the film could still be cleared for release—unless another legal challenge arises.

You May Also Like

India

Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat on Tuesday (26 August) said that shared cultural and ancestral traditions have bound people across the Indian...

Dalits and Adivasis

In Betadih village of Barhani block, Chandauli, Uttar Pradesh, a road meant to connect a Dalit colony to the main road has been left...

Women

A 23-year-old woman named Gulfiza died in Uttar Pradesh’s Amroha district after allegedly being forced to drink acid by her in-laws over dowry demands....

Dalits and Adivasis

In Mainpuri, Uttar Pradesh, a Dalit family was assaulted and humiliated allegedly by a BJP District Minister and his brother. The incident occurred on...

Copyright © 2025 The Observer Post. All Rights Reserved.